Welcome stranger/friend!

Thanks for visiting! I truly appreciate each and every visitor! Have fun browsing and reading my blog. Feel free to comment whenever the desire strikes. Have a great day/night!

Friday, February 07, 2014

DNF: The Husband's Secret

I've decided to start a new thing where I post my DNF (Did Not Finish) books with an explanation for why I felt the need to put the book down.  Then, if you LOVED the book and think that it was a huge mistake on my part to abandon it, you can try to convince me to pick it back up.  Or, if you also disliked the book, you can share that as well and make me feel not-so-bad about not finishing the book!

DNF Explanation for The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

How far I got: 127 pages

I simply could not get into this book.  I tried, but ultimately decided to put it down at page 127.  I was just so completely bored.  I don't care what's in the letter anymore, at least not enough to continue through such a boring story.  I know that this book has received some rave reviews, but it just wasn't for me.

I also didn't care for the characters.  I didn't really find any of them to be likeable characters and I wasn't able to connect or relate to them.  Tess was probably the one I liked best and connected with the most, but even her story became dull.

While this book definitely caught my eye with its interesting premise, and I'm sure a lot of people would like it, it simply was not for me.  I was just too bored to continue.




I don't think I'll ever dislike a non-DNF book enough to give it a 1 star rating.  So, 1 star ratings are basically reserved for DNFs.  This book gets one...for now...

Have you read this book?  What was your opinion of it?  Does the letter reveal something crazy enough that I really should have kept on reading??

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this book. Sorry that you didn't. I'll be interested to hear what other people have to say about this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people comment on my posts! I very much enjoy reading your opinions, so please share them with me (and with others)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search the web: